The Ultimate Guide to Earning Money From Music in Nigeria – Even If You’re Not A Musician
There are many ways you can make money from music in Nigeria that would leave you wondering how you should even begin. After all, how do you know which of the various options will work best for you? Luckily, we have the answer to your question. We’ve compiled a list of the top 5 ways to make money from music in Nigeria and broken it down into categories. You’ll see that you have a lot of choices when it comes to making money from music in Nigeria.
You can start selling music online, set up a record label, get paid for writing songs, create a music streaming site, or even sell merchandise. No matter what you do, you’ll have to figure out how to make money from music in Nigeria.
How To Make Money From Music in Nigeria
As an artist or not, you probably know that the music industry is a tough one to break into. You won’t make money from your music, even if you do get signed. But, what if you could turn your music into a viable business? What if you could set up a music streaming service that could make you money every time someone listened to your songs?
Here are the top 5 ways to make money from music in Nigeria!
1. Selling Music Online
The Nigerian music industry is growing at an incredible rate. More than 5 million Nigerians download and stream music a year, spending $2 billion. The music industry in Nigeria is currently worth $2 billion annually, and it’s expected to grow even further.
But how do you key in to maximize this opportunity for your advantage! How do you get started?
Here’s how to get started:
• Step 1: Create a website: Find a website that will allow you to create a streaming site for your music. You can use WordPress, Wix, or any other website builder.
• Step 2: Choose a domain name: Choose a good domain name for your website. Just make sure the name is available.
• Step 3: Design the site: Create a design for your site. If you choose a design that you like, it is your choice, but make sure the design is one that will be simple to maintain over time.
• Step 4: Add a streaming player: Add a streaming player to your website so people can listen to your music. You can use any streaming player you want, but it needs to be free.
• Step 5: Start a marketing campaign: Start a marketing campaign to get people to visit your site and listen to your music. You can use Facebook ads, Google Adwords, Instagram ads, or any other advertising method you like.
• Step 6: Monetization: The more audience, viewers, and streamers you get, the higher your profit. So you must engage in advertising your site or optimizing it 100% for a high rate of organic traffic.
2. Start a Record Label
Record labels continue to be one of the most profitable ways to make money in the music industry. Record labels are still around because they provide value to artists, songwriters, and fans. They help artists to get discovered, and they allow them to get their songs on the radio. But if you want to start your record label, it is essential to know what it takes to succeed in this business.
To start a record label, you need an apartment, a name, and a registration. You’ll also need to decide what kind of business you’ll be operating. Secondly, you must be creative. You can work with an artist or produce your music. After this point, you’ll need to make your business visible and known over time. That’s when you can start making money as your business grows. Once you’ve grown your record label, you’ll want to network. You can connect with other record labels or connect with music producers. You can also connect with other musicians.
Get Paid for Writing Songs
There are several benefits to being paid for writing songs. For starters, you can make more money than you would if you were only paid for writing articles or books. You can also choose what kind of music you want to write. You can write about a wide variety of subjects, from politics to sports to romance. You can even write songs about your own life. The most important thing is that you get to write songs that you love and that you feel passionate about.
4. Create a Music Streaming Site
This is a great project for a class or club. You could create a site where people stream music from other people’s websites or MP3s. You can initiate free trials for users to create an account and listen to any song in any genre they want with premium membership plans if they wish to download the song. This way, you get money from streamers on your site.
5. Selling music merchandise in Nigeria
For artists, there are many benefits to selling music merchandise in Nigeria. First, it is an excellent way to earn money. Second, it is a great way to promote your music. Third, you can sell CDs, shirts, posters, and other items that will help you to make some extra money. Fourth; you can learn a lot about the Nigerian music industry from selling your music merchandise. And finally, you can meet other musicians and learn about their music.
These top 5 ways of making money from music in Nigeria are worth trying. Although it might not be easy initially, like everything else, they are the most excellent ways to make money from music in Nigeria.
Conclusively, to get started with the music business, you need to have a plan of action, including identifying the market you want to target, creating a solid brand, building an audience, and monetizing your content. The most successful musicians have already done this. You can do it too.